HEXACO Personality Test
You are here because one of your friends linked you to their HEXACO result:Take the Test
Your friend's results:
Explanation of Facets:
High scorers are usually described as genuine, fair, non-manipulative, law-abiding, modest, self-effacing, and unconcerned with status or luxury. Low scorers are willing to bend the rules for their personal gain, are prone to flattery and insincere displays of friendliness, seek luxury and prestige, and feel entitled to special status and privilege. Your score is 47 out of 100.
High scorers are afraid of physical illness or harm, worrisome, prone to sharing their fears and concerns with others, and likely to empathize with the suffering and hardships of others. Low scorers are undeterred by the threat of danger or pain, have little anxiety, and are good at keeping their heads cool in stressful situations. Your score is 25 out of 100.
High scorers are outgoing, lively, social, talkative, and cheerful, enjoy social interactions and are likely to see positive qualities in themselves. Low scorers are reserved, quiet, passive, inhibited, tend to avoid small talk and liable to think of themselves as less popular than their extroverted counterparts. Your score is 44 out of 100.
High scorers are tolerant, mild, kind, forgiving, gentle, accommodating, flexible in their opinions and lenient in judging others. Low scorers are stubborn, quarrelsome, headstrong, blunt, defend their views and opinions fiercely, and take a critical view of others. Your score is 16 out of 100.
High scorers are well-organized, hard-working, self-disciplined, efficient, thorough, and precise, as well as orderly with their things and time. Low scorers are absent-minded, messy, find it hard to motivate themselves to do their work and duties, don’t mind incompleteness or inaccuracies, and are disorganized with their surroundings and schedules. Your score is 19 out of 100.
High scorers are unconventional, creative, intellectual, inquisitive, have a lively imagination, and like to listen to new and unusual opinions. Low scorers are conventional, traditional, dislike foreign and unfamiliar things, indifferent to intellectual pursuits, and dislike listening to unconventional or bizarre ideas. Your score is 44 out of 100.
HEXACO Dark Side
According to Michael C. Ashton, Ph.D. and Kibeom Lee, Ph.D., your HEXACO dark side entails... (WARNING: Negative personality description. Expand at your own risk.)
Researchers have determined that in seeking a mate, people generally either prefer partners who are similar to themselves or partners who are more desirable than themselves. Based on your HEXACO scores, it is unclear what type of partner you prefer.
Researchers Bourdage, Lee, Ashton, and Perry have determined that people’s HEXACO scores are linked to their Sociosexual Orientation. Your HEXACO scores indicate that you are:
- Less likely to be deemed immediately sexually attractive than average.
- Less emotionally invested in your romantic partner(s) than average.
- More likely to talk openly about sex and make sexual jokes than average.
- Ashton & Lee: The H Factor of Personality Wilfrid Laurier University Press (2012)
- Bourdage, Lee, Ashton & Perry: Big Five and HEXACO Model Personality Correlates of Sexuality Personality and Individual Differences, 43 (2007)
- Liu, Ludeke, & Zettler: Assumed Similarity in Personality within Intimate Relationships Wiley Personal Relationships 2017
- Liu, Ludeke, Haubrich, Gondan-Rochon & Zettler: Similar to and/or Better than Oneself? Singles’ Ideal Partner Personality Descriptions European Journal of Personality, 32 (2018)